Notice of Privacy Policies
[KIWAMIGREENS.COM] is owned by SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED (“Suntory”). We respect the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website. This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) describes our privacy practices in connection with this website, including our mobile applications (the “Website”), email and text message communications, and related consumer services, such as placing and fulfilling orders (collectively, the “Services”). It also describes the options you have regarding our collection, use, retention, and disclosure of your personal information. By using our Services and/or registering as a [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] member, you are accepting the privacy practices described in this Notice and consenting to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described below.
This Notice applies only to information collected through your access to and use of the Website and/or the Services or websites and/or services of Suntory’s related entities (“Affiliates”) posting this Notice. This Notice does not apply to information collected through other websites or third-party services, even if they link to or are accessible from the Website, nor to the privacy practices of our business partners, vendors, co-branded sites, other third parties, or to any services offered through other websites. Please consult the privacy information on the sites of third parties with which you may come into contact when using our Services. Their privacy notices, not ours, apply to information that they collect and use.
Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
The personal information we collect about you may include, for example, your name, [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] user name and password, postal shipping and billing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social networking information (such as user names, handles, and friends lists), contact information of your third-party contacts that is provided by you or that you allow us to access, demographic information (such as date of birth, age, and gender), photos you send us, and products you may select as favorites and share. We may also collect additional personal information about you if you choose to share it with us in other ways, including by participating in surveys, promotions, contests, and sweepstakes and other offerings made available through our Services. We may combine information we receive from third parties with the information we receive from your use of the Services and any other interactions with us.
In addition to the information you submit to us on the Website or when using the Services, information regarding your use of and interactions with the Website and our Services is collected and/or aggregated by us or on our behalf, including through the use of automated means such as cookies and web beacons (which are described below). Such information may include your IP address and the location of your IP server, device IDs, device type, Wi-Fi connection information, geo-location data, product search history, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the Website and/or Services, pages you visit, and, if you came to the Website and/or Services from another website, the address of that website.
“Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your browser during interactions on websites or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We may also use web beacons to tell if you have opened or acted upon emails that we send you.
Your ability to restrict the usage of such cookies, web beacons, and other automated collection means is described in “Your Choices” section below.
How We May Use This Information
We may use the personal and non-personal information we collect from our customers for a variety of purposes, including, for example:
- to accomplish ordinary business purposes, such as establishing and managing customer accounts, responding to inquiries, providing requested products and Services, processing and collecting payments, and providing customer support;
- to provide information about our business and offer our products or Services to you and products and services of others that we think you may find of interest;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with us and our customers through our message boards, blogs, and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services, identifying potential new customers, analyzing the effectiveness of advertising and marketing promotions and other aspects of our Services, and soliciting your feedback through email communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups;
- to create a profile of you and your interests, so that we may improve and personalize your shopping experience, ads, and the manner in which we interact with you;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis; and
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and to comply with legal information requests, applicable legal requirements, and our policies and practices.
We may also use personal information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection as may be required by applicable laws, or without notice to you for any legally permissible purpose and subject to applicable laws.
Third Party Applications
We may include applications from third parties on the Website or through our Services, which allow interaction and content sharing by users. Some of these mini-programs provide specific services or content from a third party, such as a Facebook “Share” or “Like” button. These applications will be visible to you when you visit our Website or use the Services. Your interaction with these applications typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection and processing practices and the controls they make available to you.
We partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements relating to our products and Services to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements. They use information collected through cookies (including our cookies and third-party cookies), web server logs, web beacons, and mobile app plugins such as SDKs (software development kits), APIs (application programming interfaces), and similar technologies to provide customized advertisements, auditing, research, and reporting for us and other advertisers. This data collection takes place also on the Website (including through our mobile applications and email communications). This process enhances the deployment of our marketing programs and helps us to track the effectiveness of such efforts. Advertising networks we use may also use this information for determining or predicting your characteristics and preferences and those of their respective advertising audiences, for measuring services, including determining the effectiveness of advertising, delivering relevant ads, and for other purposes.
Information You Share
The Website and the Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with other people you specify. You may also connect to and share your information on third-party social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons, and other third-party features connected with our Services. You may also share with us the contact information of friends and people in your address book so that we can help you invite others to become [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] members or let them know about special offers and help facilitate deliveries. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs and those of others as you choose with whom to connect, what you share with us and others, and what you make public. We cannot control the privacy of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also cannot control and are not responsible for any third-party sharing services or their actions including the data that they collect from you and your device or how they use such data. Please review their privacy policies to understand their privacy practices.
How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information with third parties as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your personal information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
- Consent. We may share your personal information with third parties for their own purposes with your prior consent. For example, you may agree to our sharing of your personal information with our suppliers and partners for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- Service Providers. We may allow third parties under contract with us to access, store, and process your personal information in order to provide services for us.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion that is sponsored by us and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for us to share your personal information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest, or promotion with the co-sponsoring third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
- Other. We may disclose information, including your personal information, to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights, interests or property of Suntory and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with legal advice, applicable law or legal process. In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or any other transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may share information that does not directly identify you with third parties, including our Affiliates, advertising networks, analytics providers, and others who may use the data for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you unless required by applicable laws.
Registration. Our Services are offered on a members-only basis and focus on special deals and product offerings that may only be available for limited times and in limited quantities. In order to access our Services, you must register for a [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] Account to become a [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] member and provide us with personal information, including your name, email address, and [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] password. This information allows us to authenticate your access to the Services and keep you informed in a timely fashion of special deals and product offerings. You can choose not to provide the information needed to register as a [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] member and log in as a guest instead. However, if you log in as a guest, you will not be able to use all of the features offered through our Services.
Promotional Emails. By becoming a [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] member, you are requesting that we inform you about limited time and quantity deals and agreeing to receive communications from us, including promotional emails. If you would like to alter the frequency and type of promotional emails you receive from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your user profile, or by going to our Website, and clicking on “My Account”, and then clicking “Email Preferences”. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communication emails from us, you may do so by changing your preferences as noted above or by opting-out through the mechanism provided in the promotional email itself. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain products and Services, and we may continue to send non-promotional emails such as order confirmations, surveys, and other information about your transactions. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
Advertising Networks. You may opt out of the use of your web usage data by certain advertising networks for purposes of delivering ads tailored to your profile and preferences by clicking here, and by using Facebook’s preferences tool. You may also be able to opt-out of mobile tracking and push notifications for advertising purposes by using the controls that iOS and Android provide on your mobile device.
Please note that opting-out of these advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Website or other websites. But it will exclude you from targeted, interest-based advertising conducted through these advertising networks services.
You may choose not to share your precise geo-location information with us by adjusting your device’s location services settings or the settings on our mobile applications. While we and others give you the choices described in this Notice, there are many ways Web browser signals and other similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and we may not be aware of or honor every mechanism.
How to Access or Update Your Personal Information
You may access and update your account information at any time after signing in to the Services by visiting your [KIWAMIGREENS.COM] Account. To help us maintain accurate, current, and complete information about you, please submit only true, accurate, and complete information whenever you provide personal information to us, and promptly update your account whenever it changes. If you would like to access, update, or delete your information, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without permission from a parent or legal guardian. We reserve the right to limit our Services and any related interactions with us to adults. Accordingly:
- No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website;
- We will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13;
- If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information; and
If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the contact details provided under the “How To Contact Us” section below and mark such inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” If you are a parent or legal guardian, you can learn more about how to protect your children’s privacy online here
Information for California Users
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We will not sell or share your personal information with companies other than our Affiliates for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We employ certain administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help reduce the risks of loss, theft, and unauthorized access associated with the personal information that is in our possession. Despite these efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. You use our Website at your own risk.
Updates to this Notice
We may update this Notice from time to time to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice. We may also notify you of material changes to this Notice by email. If we use personal information collected under this version of the Notice in a manner that is materially different than described in this version of the Notice, we will obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or if you would like us to update information we have about you or help you adjust your preferences, please contact us by email at [SUPPORT@KIWAMIGREENS.COM]
If preferred, you may write to us at:
Attn: Privacy Inquiry
879 W 190th St #1050,
Gardena, CA 90248
Last Updated: February 14th, 2017