Mother’s Day Vegan Kiwami Greens Tea Cookies
Happy Mother’s Day! Mother’s Day is a special occasion that celebrates those who have often shaped the warmest memories we have. Mothers are often responsible for the traditions we carry, the sweet memories we hold on to, the warmth of home we miss.
Mothers hold such a unique and crucial place in our lives and this day is an opportunity to celebrate many of the things that we take for granted. Some celebrate with big cookouts or quiet dinners. Some celebrate with flowers and video montages. Others celebrate by sharing in traditions, vacations, and other such activities. For some of us at Kiwami Greens, we celebrate by cooking our favorite recipes with our mothers.
However you celebrate, it should be in spirit of what honors your mother and your relationship with her most. Inspired by Martha Stewart's Green Tea Cookie Recipe, we encourage you to try our Vegan Kiwami Greens Tea Cookies!
Happy Mother’s Day!
What you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 8 green tea bags, opened and emptied
- 2 packets of Kiwami Greens
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
What you will do:
- Mix flour, tea leaves, Kiwami Greens, and salt in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, mix oil and sugar until it is pale and fluffy.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the oil/sugar until combined. Don’t overmix!
- Roll the dough into two tightly rolled logs in parchment paper.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- While the dough is in the freezer, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough and slice into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, placing the sliced cookie dough in rows, one inch apart from each other.
- Bake 13 - 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheets.