5 Tips to a Better Morning
No matter how hard some of us try, getting up in the morning can be a struggle. Fortunately, there are plenty of easy ways to shake up the morning routine to wake up feeling refreshed and restored.
- Avoid the snooze button: This can be one of the trickiest parts of waking up. Make a commitment to getting up at the same designated time every day, including weekends. Doing so can reset the brain’s internal clock, making waking up on time a much easier habit after some practice.
- Drink a glass of water: Start each day with a tall glass of water. After sleeping for so many hours, the body needs to be replenished to avoid becoming dehydrated. For an extra boost, consider adding tea or a nutritious proprietary blend to the mix.
- Take some “me” time: Before jumping into the shower and rushing off to work, spend about 15-30 minutes on something personal. Whether it’s writing in a journal, practicing a few morning stretches, or just some quiet meditation, taking a little “me” time can help start the day off on a positive note.
- Get moving: Once the brain is awake, it’s time to awaken the body. Exercise in the morning is an excellent way to get energized for the day ahead. Not only does it reinvigorate the physical senses, but the endorphins released will help to create a happier, clearer state of mind.
- Cook breakfast: We always hear, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” so why do so many people replace breakfast with unhealthy snacks from the coffee shop, or just skip it entirely? Carve out some time to prepare a healthy meal. After that morning workout, your body needs food to refuel.
Make every morning count by waking up on time and dedicating the first part of the day to better health. With these 5 healthy living tips in mind, anyone can take on the day feeling free from worry and prepared for whatever lies ahead.